PROPOSED MERGER OF THE BENEFICE WITH THE PASTROW BENEFICE
We were informed on 5 March that there is to be a proposed pastoral re-organisation of the benefice which will affect Appleshaw Church.
Summary of the outline proposal
- The outline proposal is for the union of the benefice of Appleshaw, Kimpton, Thruxton, Fyfield and Shipton Bellinger with the Pastrow Benefice (which comprises 11 churches and has its own website which can be accessed by clicking here: https://www.pastrowfamily.org.uk/.)
- For there to be three stipendiary posts in the new benefice, an incumbent and two associates.
- For The Revd Alex Randle-Bissell to be named as the incumbent of the new benefice.
- For The Revd Trevor Lewis to be named as associate in the new benefice.
- The new benefice to be a single parish (with one PCC).
- Agreement to be reached around the status of the churches of the new benefice.
Further information on the proposed pastoral re-organisation is contained in the document which can be downloaded here:
Please contact any member of the Appleshaw PCC if you have any questions relating to this proposed re-organisation